ProtectaMats - Grip both sides
The highly popular ‘Grip Both Sides’ ground protection mats & temporary roadway mats give maximum traction in all ground conditions – wet ground, fine turf and slopes.
For effective, man-handleable temporary access over soft or sensitive ground, look no further than ProtectaMats© Grip-Both-Sides Ground Protection Mats.
Ideal for protecting turf and providing temporary roadways and carparks, the strength, weight-sharing capability and handleability of ProtectaMats© means they are an essential piece of equipment for many contractors, earthmovers, facilities and infrastructure companies.
- Manufactured in Europe from 100% recycled High Density Polyethylene
- Manufactured using a special moulding process for maximum ductility and durability – withstands a very high degree of bending.
- Ductile – follows ground contours effectively
- Same size as a sheet of plywood, 1.2m x 2.4m x 13mm thick
Three different connection options available to join mats together to form a medium/long-term temporary roadway or carpark.
The Easiest Ground Protection Mats to Deploy
Each ProtectaMat© feature 6 handle-holes, which are formed as part of the compression moulding process.
This feature greatly improves the ability of the mat to be deployed to site, restacked and reloaded onto vehicles, making it cost-efficient and time-efficient to deploy and use ProtectaMats© many times over and over again.
Each handle-hole has smoothly rounded edges, meaning that ProtectaMats© can be handled without gloves if neccesary.
Rugged Chevron Traction surface
ProtectaMat© ground protection mats have a unique irregular pattern of rugged nubs, called “Chevron Traction”, in contrast to the standard tread-plate style traction grip common on other mats. This innovation has many benefits:
- Greatly reduces slippage in all four directions, ensuring maximum grip in all conditions.
- Facilitates the dispersal of mud – easy to clean
- Superior traction on slopes
- Safe and easy to walk on – non slippery and great for pedestrians
- Fast and easy to re-stack, and prevents sliding, allowing for safe and efficient transport
ProtectaMats are commonly known as Ground Protection Mats, Track Mats and Temporary Roadway Mats
Dimensions Length – 2410mm
Width – 1200mm
Depth – 12mm
Surface Area – 2.9m2
Weight – 35kg
Rated Support Capacity – 80 Tonnes*
Material – 100% recycled High-Density Polyethylene, individually moulded and sandblasted
Manufacturing Location – Slovenia, Europe
Handles – 6 smooth-edged handle holes
Grip Type – Side 1 – Chevron© Grip / Side 2 – Chevron© Grip
Connection Points – 12
Connection Types – Fast-Fit or Standard 2-way or 4-way
Maximum recommended stack height – 50 mats
Chemical properties – Chemically inert – will not leach pollutants
Electrical properties – Non-conductive, ideal for electrical applications
*Independently tested using compression testing at the National Physical Laboratory, UK
See our APPLICATIONS here.